Financial Planning Services
Options for saving and investing are more plentiful—and complex—than ever. It's the job of financial advisors to not only stay current with changes in financial markets, the economy, and the types of investments available, but also to explain how those affect your life and plans.
We define "financial planning service" as a combination of helping you create a financial plan based on your goals and needs and advising you on the types and amounts of investments needed to achieve your goals.
If you already have a financial plan in place and are looking just for advice on investments, our investment management service may be a better fit.
Creating a Comprehensive Financial Plan
The list below outlines the process we use to work with you. It includes both financial planning and investment management to meet a variety of goals. Whether your focus is traditional goals like retiring at a certain age and sending your child to college, or something “out-of-the-box” like starting a business or planning a trip around the world, we help you with the “ins and outs” of your finances.
As a bare list, it truly is hard to convey the caring and commitment we bring to our work with you. We invite you to contact us to experience what it's like to work with us in a complimentary initial consultation.
- We learn about your goals for you and your family, and we talk about factors such as risk tolerance, savings already in hand, career plans, and other relevant topics.
- Based on what we learn, we develop a personalized investment policy statement that describes our specific investment recommendations to help you achieve your financial goals.
- After the paperwork is completed, we go to work building and implementing your actively managed portfolio of investments.
- On a regular basis we monitor, adjust, and rebalance your portfolio with your involvement.
- We communicate with you frequently, whether by phone, our newsletters, or our workshops and social events. We are always here to answer your questions and talk with you.
- We provide regular commentary on investing, retirement planning, and the markets via our newsletter.
- Our services include fee-based options as well as commission-based services.
Visit the Financial Industry Regulatory Association web site to learn more about financial planners.